You're planning your wedding and the flowers are next on the list. How do you choose a florist, the flowers, etc. – what do you have to know before you make that important decision? What follows are some suggestions and questions you need answers to.
1. Talk to the person who is going to design and make your bouquets and other floral arrangements. Lots of misunderstandings are possible when going through a third party.
2. Florists know brides have budgets, so be honest and tell them the constraints you have to deal with. If you've found a florist that is cheaper for the identical bouquets, arrangements, boutonnieres, etc. than the one you want to use, ask if the one you want if they'll match the lower price.
3. Be sure you know and LOVE the florist's style. Don't just assume everything will be OK on the day. Your ideas have to match theirs and the quality has to be what you want or it won't be ok.
4. Once you've decided on the look you want, check if the flowers are in season and if they are significantly more expensive because they're not, ask for alternative suggestions.
5. Ask about delivery and setup costs – are these extra or included in the cost of each bouquet or arrangement? Be sure you know exactly what ALL the costs are before the day – surprises about costs are not fun!